We need YOU! Although you are not required to volunteer to participate in our event, our event cannot run smoothly without volunteers.
- Volunteers… shop earlier! All volunteers earn a pass for themselves and a guest to shop the exclusive volunteer pre-sale. Volunteer for 4 or more shifts and receive a Munchkin Markets Gold Pass to the VIP pre-sale which starts 1/2 hour earlier. Check the specific sale location for volunteer pre-sale times.
- Volunteers…earn MORE! For every 3 hour shift you work, you earn an additional 5% of your sales up to a maximum of 80%.
- Not to mention… it’s a lot of FUN, too! Meet other local moms (and sometimes dads) and escape the kids for awhile.
Choose a location below to view and select a volunteer time.
KEEP IN MIND
Below are incentives for consignors who choose to volunteer during the event.
- Choose 4+shifts to be amongst the very FIRST to shop with your Munchkin Markets Gold Pass
- Choose 1-3 shifts to shop the volunteer pre-sale before consignors, new parents and the public.
- Not consigning and don’t have time to volunteer at the sale? You can sign up for one of our bartering options to earn a volunteer pre-sale pass. (Bartering options will NOT earn consignors the extra percentage of their sales)
We rely on volunteers and therefore have implemented volunteer policies to help ensure the sale runs smoothly. Please review these policies and select your shift(s) carefully.
- Volunteers who are not also consigning need to select a shift prior to the pre-sale or one of the bartering options. No exceptions.
- Consignors who do not show up for a volunteer shift they have signed up for will lose any and all incentives they may have already earned AND an additional 20% of their sales.
- You can sign up for back to back shifts to count as 2 shifts. However, since most shifts overlap to make the transition easier, you will need to add the extra overlapped time at the beginning or end of your shift.
- You can have your husband, mom, dad, friend, etc. work a shift for you or with you to count as a second shift. However, you MUST request your husband, mom, dad, friend etc. be added to the schedule by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org FIRST. Family or friends who just show up without being on the schedule will NOT count as a shift and may be asked to leave. There will be absolutely no exceptions.
- If you are pregnant or have any other special needs please email email@example.com BEFORE signing up for a shift. Light-duty shifts are available only on request.
- Children are not allowed to accompany you during a volunteer shift. This includes ALL children, including those who you plan to have sit and do homework, read a book, watch a movie, play on electronics, etc.