Please read this page very carefully prior to preparing your items. We will not accept or sell items that are not properly prepared or tagged. New to consigning? Download our “How to Consign” guide for step by step instructions on registering, entering items, printing tags, preparing items and helpful tips. For the safety of all shoppers and their little ones, please check recall lists prior to bringing your items to the sale. At the Twin Cities sales, if you reach 350 items and the system cuts you off, please email Kristal@munchkinmarkets.com for an item limit increase on your account.
Materials you will need:
- PLASTIC Hangers
- Safety Pins
- Ziploc Bags
- Clear Packing Tape
- Access to a computer and printer
- WHITE Cardstock
- Place clothing on hangers with the hook turned left (see diagram below)
- Pants, shorts & skirts should be secured on hangers using safety pins
- (NO STRAIGHT PINS, STAPLES, TAPE!)
- If it comes off the hanger, add more safety pins! Items do not sell if they have fallen under the racks or if they lose their tag. When in doubt use more PINS.
- 2 piece outfits: first, put the shirt on the hanger and pin the bottoms to the shirt at the shoulders. INCLUDE the hanger in the pin so the weight of the bottoms do not pull down on the shirt.
- Make sure clothing is clean and pressed if necessary.
- Onesies, sleepers, and socks/tights can be placed in Ziploc baggies. Be sure to tape the bag shut.
*Helpful tips- Hang up your clothing items and sort them by size/ gender first. Then enter them into the system. The drop down lists for category and size will remain with your last entry until they are changed. So, for example, you can go through and enter all your girls size 3T clothing without having to change the category or size between each item. The tags will also print in the order entered so you can then print the tags and go backwards through the pile you just entered to put the tags on.
- A general rule for pricing your item is to figure 25-40% of what you originally paid. The condition of the item will raise or lower that figure. A general pricing guideline can be viewed by clicking HERE.
- The minimum price is $1.00 and can be increased in 50 cent increments.
- Check the “discount” box when entering your items to have the item go ½ price during the discount sale. Generally items that are not marked to be discounted do not sell during the discount sale.
- HAND WRITTEN CHANGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! If you make a mistake, change it in the system and re-print the tag.
- Items initially priced at over $50 can be discounted by less than 50% during the discount sale. You will need to enter the item twice; once with each price. Be sure you do NOT check the discount box for either entry. These items MUST be brought to the attention of the owners at drop off to receive special tags on-site.
- Use ONLY white cardstock to print your tags.
- Use a safety pin to attach the tag on the upper right side of the garment (as you are looking at the item)
- If you have one, you can use a tagging gun. However, please be aware that tags attached with tagging guns rip off more easily. Of the lost tags at the Fall 2011 sales, over 90% were tags attached with tagging guns.
- Make sure your tags are secure. Placing a piece of packaging tape over the safety pin works great. Please understand we can’t sell an item if it has lost the tag.
- SHOES MUST BE SUPER CLEAN!
- Shoes must be appropriate to the season (ie. No winter boots in spring, no sandals in fall)
- Infant crib shoes can be placed in zip-loc bags with tag taped inside bag and the bag taped shut.
- For larger size shoes (Toddler size 4 and above): tie laces together and place a safety pin thru them to secure tightly. On shoes without laces use zip ties or string keep them together. Do not tape shoes together.
- If you have the original shoe box and wish to include it, make sure the tag is on the shoes NOT the box as they can easily become separated.
Preparing Toys, Puzzles, Books, Videos, Large Equipment & Furniture:
- Use clear packaging tape to attach the tag to the item.
- Make sure the item is super clean and if it is battery operated, that it has working batteries.
- Toys having loose pieces should be placed in a zip-loc bag then attached to the item as securely as possible. (Remember we DO allow children at the sale, so make you’re your items are secure enough that curious toddlers can’t get them off)
- We are not responsible for lost or damaged pieces.
- Books can be bundled and placed in large ziploc baggies with the top taped shut.
- Board puzzles can be put together and secured with a couple layers of saran wrap and packaging tape. Please tape boxed puzzles shut.
*Helpful tips– Include operating manuals if you have them (many can be found online). For puzzles, take a digital picture of the puzzle put together so the shopper knows all pieces are present. Bundle like items together to make a package, ie. Include shovels and pails with a sandbox, a couple games with a leap pad, etc.
What can I consign?
- Anything for babies and children that is in GREAT condition!
- Seasonally appropriate children’s clothing that is in excellent condition and current style- sz preemie to 14. (Clothing items that cross seasons like jeans, LS/SS tshirts, light weight cardigans, etc are fine for all sales)
- Seasonally appropriate shoes
- All things for baby: furniture, equipment, bedding, strollers, pack-n-plays, Etc.
- Pretend play, dress-up clothes and dolls
- Sports equipment (in season and good condition)
- Power wheels, riding toys, and Little Tykes equipment
- Toys for infants, toddlers thru pre-teens
- Puzzles, Books, Boxed Games, CD’s, DVD’s, All gaming systems
Items we will NOT accept:
- Clothing with stains, holes, missing buttons, broken zippers. Etc.
- Out of season clothing (ie. No winter coats, heavy sweaters, lined jeans, cords at the spring/summer sales, no shorts, tank topssundresses at the fall/winter sales)
- Juniors or adult clothing even if size extra small and fits like a child size 14 or smaller.
- No out of date clothing will be accepted.
- Toys, equipment or furniture with missing/non-functioning parts.
- Items missing batteries, that require them to fully function (Batteries must be included).
- Stuffed Animals- unless they walk, talk, dance or do something fancy.
- Items with cigarette, musty or other odors
- Helmets and underwear that at not brand new in the original packaging
- ANY item that has been recalled
- Car seats (including travel systems- we will accept the stroller, but not the car seat)
- NO drop down side cribs, regardless of if it is on a recall list or not.
- VCR tapes
- Metal toy jewelry
- Bags or bundles of McDonalds or Dollar Store type toys.
Conditions & Limitations:
- Please inspect your items closely before bringing them to the sale. Ask yourself, “would I buy this again?” Keep in mind that we reserve the right to refuse any item that does not meet our standards at drop off or remove an item from the sales floor at any time.
- Make sure toys, strollers, pack n plays, etc. are super clean and in working condition.
- Toys must include all parts and those requiring batteries MUST have batteries.
- Please check out www.cpsc.gov on toys or equipment- Remember it is the responsibility of the CONSIGNOR to ensure that an item they are selling has not been recalled.
- We reserve the right to remove items that are priced too high from the sales floor at our discretion.
Please E-mail Kristal at email@example.com.